This is an old stand-by recipe in my family. My grandma, mom and myself have been making it for years. When we’re having a family get-together, it’s one of the first things requested for someone to make. It can be made a couple days ahead of time and it travels well! We have brought it along to snack on in so many random situations and it’s always a huge hit at a party!
- 2 - 8 oz. packages cream cheese
- 5 green onions or scallions
- 1 - 3 or 4 oz. package of chipped beef or thin cut beef (found in deli department)
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Cup chopped walnuts
- Optional - dash of Lowry's season salt
- Chop onion and beef into fine pieces
- Mix with room temperature cream cheese
- Add Worcestershire sauce - mix well
- Add optional season salt
- Spread oil on hands and mix all together or attempt with a spoon (can be difficult to mix)
- Roll into ball
- Wrap in waxed paper or cling wrap and chill
- Roll over nuts to coat well
- Serve with crackers!