Isn’t this Neapolitan style dress gorgeous??!
Julia and her mom worked skillfully at creating this adorable dress for her daughter. Down to every last stitch, the detail on it is exquisite. From the waffle cone inspired needle work along the waist, to the tulip sleeves and beautifully lined inside, it is a truly couture, heirloom quality garment.
We decided it would be super fun to put together a video, highlighting some advanced sewing skills, and create a doll dress inspired by this beautiful dress.
In this ADVANCED SEWING CLASS, you will learn:
- The art of pressing seams
- Stitching in the ditch to create a professional looking neckline
- Gathering a skirt
- Creating a beautiful lining so the inside of the dress looks as good as the outside
- Attaching a Velcro closure
- Clipping the curve and trimming seams
- And more!