- 1 Pound Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast (I cut mine into tender size pieces)
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Marsala Wine
- 1 Cup Mushroom Pieces
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Red Onion
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed (yea, I know, but it's sooo good this way! here are the extra calories I was talking about)
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream or Half and Half
- These measurements are kind of approximates, as I usually dump stuff together until it tastes right :) Use more or less sugar to taste, and more or less cream depending on how much sauce you want.
- In a large skillet, saute onions in the oil.
- Add chicken, Marsala wine and brown sugar.
- Cook until chicken is almost done before adding the mushrooms.
- Stir in cream and simmer until chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve over penne or other pasta of choice. Now that was pretty easy, wasn't it?!